Saturday, December 12, 2020

The ABCs of ME - Part I

Since becoming more active on Instagram over the last few years, I have made a ton of friends and have felt more acceptance for all of my quirkiness than I ever have in "real life".  I've never really had a ton of friends - my circle has always been small - and I'm ok with that.  My true friends are the ones who know the nerdy freak I am on the inside and still like me.

One of my favorite things on Instagram that has really helped me learn about others - things you wouldn't know just by looking at their day-to-day posts - are the "About me" posts that people occasionally write.  I have read some of the most random, awesome, hilarious facts about the people I follow, and I love it!  We are human, after all.  We're not all running and workouts and filters and macros.  We're everyday people, and no matter if you want to admit it or not, we're all weirdos in some way and sometimes not what others expect.

I've posted an About Me or two over the years but decided I was overdue for another, in more detail apparently, because the amount of useless information about myself far exceeds the number of characters Instagram allows.  And honestly, if you manage to get through this entire long ass post (and the next one, because who wants to read 26 paragraphs in one sitting?), you the real MVP.  Because seriously, it's a lot of random BS.  

So here it is, the ABCs of Becca - Part I.  Enjoy!

A. AWKWARD.  Let's just go ahead and start with the main adjective for myself.  I grew up shy and awkward, and it bled into adulthood.  I laugh at inappropriate, uncomfortable times (i.e. if someone is ugly crying, and once even laughed during prayer at a funeral...my mom was pissed), I say stupid things in moments of nervousness, and eye contact is not my favorite.  I fake it to make it daily at my job.  People think I'm super outgoing. I am not.


B. BBG - the main reason I became active on Instagram.  I found out about BBG from hashtags on Insta back in 2017.  And the rest is history.  It has been my go-to workout program since then.  I'm old-school and have always used the PDFs. It is NO JOKE and you WILL get results if you put in the work.  As I sit here unable to cough or move or breathe because my abs are crying from week 2. These are a couple of my Before-After pics.


C. Cats.  If you've followed me for more than 2 seconds, you know I am a cat freak.  I have 3, one of which I am probably a little too obsessed with. I've had cats my entire life.  I spent the majority of my childhood in my closet with my cats dressed in baby pajamas so they couldn't run away. (See A above.)



D. Donuts - I freaking love donuts!  One of my favorite memories from childhood was weekend donuts from either Ryke's Bakery or Wesco in Muskegon, MI. Donuts bring me joy. I had a coworker/friend who always brought Friday donuts to work, and to this day, he is my favorite former coworker. 😂 I think he did it because he knew my grumpy ass was DONE with that place by Friday morning. I'm going to need my future husband to wake me up on a Saturday morning with a dozen donuts and a hot black coffee.  This is the way to my heart.  There, now you know.  I really am easy to please.


E. Enneagram 6 - THIS IS ME TO A T. Which Enneagram are you?


F. Food.  My Instagram handle literally has the word FOOD in it.  I have been obsessed with food since birth.  I've always been a big eater and I get overly excited about my next meal.  I eat ridiculously fast and have to force myself to eat at a normal pace when eating with others. When I was in 6th grade, I got so excited for lunch every day that my teacher told me since I kept running to the door at lunchtime, I would be the last one out of the room the next day. Well, I showed him.  I waited until he was standing in the hall and I booked it through the classroom...and immediately tripped over a desk leg, busted my face, and ended up covering my pink cat sweater in blood.  I needed several stitches to close the gash above my eye.  My sister has never let me forget this.  She has also never let me forget the time I barely chewed my burrito, and then threw it up all over my bedroom floor, practically still whole. I have a problem.


G. Gassy.  I have no shame.  I am the son my dad always wanted and the brother my sisters never did. I belched so loudly in my car today that I looked over to the car next to me to make sure they didn't hear me through 2 layers of closed windows and traffic noise. Not sorry.


H. Humor.  I pretty much think everything is funny.  Gross humor, sexual humor, bathroom humor, inappropriate humor. More than a handful of times a day, I read something hilarious and while laughing out loud, I say, "OMG, that's terrible!"  The more terrible, the harder I am probably laughing.  I am a child.  I am a huge fan of memes, and will send you funny memes based on what I think you can handle.  Once I determine that you won't be offended by me, the memes progress. I also think I'm hilarious, even though my friend, my sister, and my kid tell me otherwise. Whatevs... I'm a hoot.


I. Independent.  I'm extremely independent.  I've been single for a year and a half, I've gone to the movies by myself, I've taken a weekend trip alone, I'll eat in a restaurant alone.  Doesn't bother me!  I've been told I'm "too independent", but I don't think that's a thing.  I still PREFER to do those things with someone I enjoy being around, but I honestly don't mind being alone.  I think that's healthy.  But on the flip side of being independent, when I'm in a true relationship with someone I really like, I'm all in.  I'm not distant and avoidant of time spent with them whatsoever.  But I know who I am and what I like, and I have no qualms about a Friday night spent alone in my underwear, beer/wine in hand, Hallmark movie on the tv, food I don't have to share in my lap. Not sharing my food is my favorite.


J. July - my favorite month of the year. It's the middle of summer, all sunshine and no rain in Texas.  Pool days, the middle of baseball season, Thirsty Thursday at the ballpark lazy river when 2020 isn't ruining the minor league baseball season, the 4th of July (my favorite holiday), cookouts, paddleboarding on the lake, flip flops, tan lines.  I am truly happy in July.  💓


K. Kid.  My favorite person on the planet and a favorite amongst even the least kid-friendly adults.  He's easy-going, witty, smart, sarcastic, kind, and not a parent-teacher goes by where they don't tell me how funny he is.  The kid has no filter and some of the things that come out of his mouth shock me into silence before making me laugh out loud.  He roasts his mom like a champ. 


L. Lake.  I grew up on Lake Michigan and my happy place is on any body of water.  I love cruises, beaches bring me peace and calm, and I am fortunate enough to live 15 minutes from a large, clean lake that is perfect for paddleboarding. The hardest part about 2020 was cancelling our December cruise.  I NEEEEEED to be on a beach or by a pool right now.  Also why I am not a fan of winter.  I already miss the lake and can't wait for paddleboarding days with my Sweat girls and some beers.


 M. Motivated.  I've always been highly motivated to succeed in my life.  I always loved school and tried to get the best grades.  I went to college for 7 years instead of  4 so I could make more money in the long run.  I worked hard to buy homes on my own for my child.  Having a good, happy, comfortable life has always been my motivation.  This has carried over to fitness to some extent.  I'm not ALWAYS motivated on a day to day basis, and was very UNMOTIVATED in early 2020, but I always get it together eventually and remember the main goal - health and happiness. I can't be my best self and the best mom when I don't take care of me.

*****

Thank you for getting through the first half of the alphabet with me.  You now know way more about me than you ever thought you wanted to know...and there's more to come!  I love learning about people, especially the most random, weird facts.  The weirder, the better.  Tell me something interesting or super quirky about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment